Thursday, May 14, 2009

Twenty-three steps. That's more than for alcoholics!

I'm a board member, not a librarian. My county is the second-poorest in Texas. My concern is providing technology--through the library--to those who have little access to it. The problem is getting people to know they need technology or even to care. We gave a presentation on how to do email, and nobody came. Yech.

If this program works out, I'm considering trying to make it available to people in the town. Not sure if I have the time or the strength, but if it could improve the level of technological literacy it would be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm stuck, as usual. I don't see any way to add a new post to my blog. I can "comment" on my first entry, but how do you post a new message? This is so typical of the way computer technology is written. The North Texas 23 instructions for "setting up your blog" simply says "congratulations on on writing your first blog post, like there's they assume you know everything now. They don't see what you don't know. So typical.

    ReplyDelete